Herefordshire will have a thriving badminton scene. Local people will be enjoying badminton, developing badminton skills and competing at a local and national level.
To create a Herefordshire based Badminton Academy that provides young people and adults with the opportunity to experience, enjoy and develop their ability and potential in the sport of badminton.
- Is based on equal opportunity and open to all; it has a ‘come and have a go’ ethos.
- Provides a professional, fun and supportive learning environment where children feel safe and challenged.
- Identifies potential and talent in the county’s young people
- Develops coaching skills within Herefordshire badminton
- Encourages competition and team work; providing the opportunity for participation in tournaments and competition with other county teams
- Takes a long‐term view, aiming to strengthen Herefordshire badminton for the future.
We meet every Sunday afternoon at The Hereford Academy School Sports Hall, Marlbrook Road, Hereford, HR27NG. Training is for girls and boys from 6 years old and all equipment is provided, (wear comfortable sports clothes and in door training shoes). We have fully qualified Badminton England Coaches and hold regular tournaments and matches against other junior clubs. Please ring to book your place before you come.
Green & Blue Groups 3.00 to 4.30 pm
Bronze and Silver Groups (by invitation) 4.30 to 6.00 pm
We encourage players to pay for a block of sessions which enables us to keep costs as low as possible and administration to a minimum. Fees cover your registration with BADMINTON England which provides essential third party insurance cover.
Whether you are starting, returning, or just curious. We can help match you to a Herefordshire club or help with coaching that will get you into the game. Please contact us for more details.